Re: [OM] Powering macro flash modelling lights

Subject: Re: [OM] Powering macro flash modelling lights
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 13:58:51 -0400
I've got all (yes, ALL) the Olympus macro flashes.  And I have a
pair of the 6V (four D cells and really heavy and awkward) battery
packs.  They're a PITA to use.  You can hang them on a tripod or
hang them off your shoulders, but they'll always, some way or
another, manage to swing around and hit you where it hurts the
most.

The modelling lights in the T28 twins, the T8 and T10 ring flashes
are useful indoors for tabletop photography, and certainly for
taking shots of your good lady wife's expensive jewelry or your
coin collection for insurance purposes, or maybe even for that
flower you've snipped off and rushed indoors with, hoping it won't
wilt before you can shoot it.  But outside, in the bright light of
the real world, fuggedaboudit.  They're useless.

Walt