[OM] try Velvia 100F) "Richard F. Man"

Subject: [OM] try Velvia 100F) "Richard F. Man"
From: "daniel" <danrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 20:58:14 -1000
"Richard F. Man"

> Yes, even my normally tolerant wife had a minor shock when she
> found out that the rollfilm adapter was ~$450. I shoot Provia
> (although itching to try Velvia 100F) and just feed the whole roll
> of uncut strip to the

Yeah, the new Velvia is a must. You'll like it, I am sure :) I got a
grab of a few rolls here (preview-rolls before they went on general
sale) and they are beautiful. Not necessarilly better than provia,
just different as could be expected.

I live in Maui and find Velvia 50 somewhat unusable in an everyday
situation. Been told to shoot Velvia at 40 ASA to get a tamer result in
colors.
I love the stuff and would not hesitate to do an 8X10 print.
(Mostly shoot slower lens 180 400mm 1.4X 2X
My question; could I assume I should shoot the new Velvia 100 at 90 to
for the same results in above?
I have been using Provia 400F with wonderful results and flexibility but
wonder how long it would hold up to enlargement with notable grain even
under a 4X Loupe?
Wanted to explore Provia 100 and wouldn't have to wait for Velvia's new
100.

Comments?
Dan