Re: [OM] Frustrations of the Web for image display

Subject: Re: [OM] Frustrations of the Web for image display
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 22:09:58 -0700
Yes, even my normally tolerant wife had a minor shock when she found out that the rollfilm adapter was ~$450. I shoot Provia (although itching to try Velvia 100F) and just feed the whole roll of uncut strip to the rollfilm adapter. The LS-4000 (and other Nikon models) can also take slide mount adapter. I think it can take 50 mounted slides at a time. They just drop the price, but the LS-4000 plus an accessory like that is the price of a decent DSLR! I invest in it so that I can stay w/ film a bit longer. If you have lots of things to scan, and can justify the cost, it does make life a lot easier.