Re: [OM] Frustrations of the Web for image display

Subject: Re: [OM] Frustrations of the Web for image display
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 21:20:28 -0700
You know, this is what I want to do too :-) I scan slides in myself, which is not a big chore because I use the slide film adapter. It takes time, about 1 1/2 hrs per 36 expo. roll, but it is put in the roll, click some buttons and go away. Actually, I sometimes even work when it is scanning. The colors and exposure are usually pretty good, and the Nikon scanner has the ICE for dust removal so hardly any additional work is needed. Still though, I open the nicer pics in PShop, and do some minor adjustment (usually just minor tweaks on the levels) and run an action to size them down and Sharpen/USM. All in all, each pic takes may be about couple minutes including file open / save time.

Here are the last set.
http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/klingon_family/
http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/2003BayCon/

The 3 rolls took about 3 hours of work after scanning. I multitasked and do other stuff during file open and save so that slows things down a bit. Overall, a little bit slower than pure Digital workflow but not too bad.

Unfortunately, they are not taken with the OM though. Sorry.