Re: [OM] RE: Cosina made lenses (OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: Cosina made lenses (OT)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 21:01:30 -0700
This may be a marketing/distribution thing, with European distribution as Cosina and US distribution as Vivitar and Phoenix, and other places ??? In addition to the common 19-35mm I mentioned, Vivitar has a plasticky 100/3.5 macro of recent design with excellent test results.

Are the short fl macros true macro designs like the Zuiko bellows lenses or, more likely, conventional lenses that focus close enough to have the 'macro' tacked on as a marketing effort?

Moose

Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu wrote:

0 hits when I search for
"Cosina OM" at
http://www.ebay.com/

Yet 22 hits when I search on "Cosina OM"
on the German equivalent of the basic search
page:
http://pages.ebay.de/search/items/basicsearch.html

20mm 3.8 macro
24mm 2.8 macro
28mm 2.8 macro
100mm 3.5 macro

19-35
70-210
28-105
28-210
28-80
100-500
100-300

Is it possible that no one is importing the Cosina-made OM line and that they
do focus like Zuikos?  Maybe just the zoom that comes
with the OM2000 focuses like a Nikkor and the rest don't?

Do we have more choices than previously thought?  Is there a Cosina 20 in my
future?