Re: [OM] Frustrations of the Web for image display

Subject: Re: [OM] Frustrations of the Web for image display
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 07:17:18 +0200
On Sat, 07 Jun 2003 22:09:58 -0700
"Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, even my normally tolerant wife had a minor shock when she
> found out that the rollfilm adapter was ~$450. I shoot Provia
> (although itching to try Velvia 100F) and just feed the whole roll
> of uncut strip to the

Yeah, the new Velvia is a must. You'll like it, I am sure :) I got a
grab of a few rolls here (preview-rolls before they went on general
sale) and they are beautiful. Not necessarilly better than provia,
just different as could be expected.

> rollfilm adapter. The LS-4000 (and other Nikon models) can also
> take slide mount adapter. I think it can take 50 mounted slides at
> a time. They just drop the price, but the LS-4000 plus an accessory
> like that is the price of a decent DSLR!

Hmm...I was planning on a Pentax *istD at some point if it ever gets
released....choises, choises, choises....

> I invest in it so that I can stay w/ film a bit longer. If
> you have lots of things to scan, and can justify the cost, it does
> make life a lot easier.

Well, I do have a couple of thousand slides, which a dslr is not
going to do anything about. Hmm....mumble mumble.....

Anyways, thanks for filling me in on your tools. Something to think
about.

--thomas

> At 06:26 AM 6/8/2003 +0200, Thomas Heide Clausen wrote:
>
> >Richard, your scanner...do I read correctly that you can feed it a
> >whole slidefilm and go away? Is that in "roll-form" or mounted
> >slides?
> >
> >I just spend about 3h scanning a (mounted) roll of provia last
> >night, inserting each slide one by one. A hell of a work.... :(
> >
> >I've seen some scanners (N*k*n, I think) where a
> >"single-slide-feeder" was optional. Sadly, the price of such a
> >combo of scanner + feeder  turned out to be the GNP of a mid-size
> >nation :( Are there any affordable alternatives?
> >
> >--thomas
>
> // richard <http://www.imagecraft.com>

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)