Re: [OM] buying a cheap tripod? Bogen 719B?

Subject: Re: [OM] buying a cheap tripod? Bogen 719B?
From: "Bill Stanke" <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 10:44:05 -0700
Albert:

I recently attended a Nikon School of Photography presentation.  The
presenter commented that if he had his way that all cameras would leave the
factory with tripods welded to the baseplate.  He then went on to say that
he had fifteen tripods in his personal collection.  He started out buying
cheap tripods, only to replace them with good ones later.  He mentioned
Borgen (Manfrotto) as good (inexpensive) tripods, and Gitzo carbon fibre
(expensive).

I have a Manfrotto 681B monopod with a 3025 head that I keep in the car.  I
think I would rather have this setup, rather than some of the cheap tripods
I have owned in the past.

Bill Stanke