[OM] buying a cheap tripod?

Subject: [OM] buying a cheap tripod?
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 09:35:26 +1200
Albert,

The main problem (in my experience / opinion) with using any tripod and a
camera with a focal plane shutter, is to overcome the effect of the vibration
set up by the shutter; and maybe vibration from other sources such as wind.
But primarily the shutter and what ever else is flapping around in the camera
/ lens system after you press the button.

It's not so much a question of weight, but of rigidity. Weight helps of course.

Sometimes I wonder about the rigidity of my 320 Gitzo with 3-way Manfrotto
pan-tilt head. And that weighs nearly 4.5 kg or 10 pounds avoirdupois.

Brian

> My OM1n is fairly small IMHO..
>
> And I think I am going to be headed to Palau next month!!
(snip)