Re: [OM] Need Tripod and Head advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Need Tripod and Head advice
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 15:40:19 -0700 (PDT)
>My friend has a bogen that has the center column that is
>removable and can be placed horizontal so you can do a macro
>shot overhead...

>Is this an important feature??  Don't tell me, I know I know,
>only I can decide; but do any of you use it?

Can you say "vibration"?  Very tough to get this contraption
stable.  I'm sure it would be a nice feature, but if I can get
the tripod legs spread out enough I've always been able to shoot
straight down.

The worst design feature is reversable center columns for ground
level shooting.  Has ANYBODY successfully been able to shoot
with the camera upside down while hunched in between two of the
legs while trying to keep the third leg from getting in the
picture?

AG-pretzel-Schnozz