Re: [OM] Catching a thief

Subject: Re: [OM] Catching a thief
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 12:33:08 +1100

> Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I had my place broken into while I was in Singapore, and so I'm
> trying
> to catch a thief..

To late to catch that one.  He is unlikely to return (probably can't even
remember
where he has been).

> Are there "motion triggers"?  I have setup a webcam that will record
> if
> someone passes in front of it, but I was wondering if I can do
> something
> like I see on the discovery channel for my camera... of course, he
> might
> steal that as well...
>
> Thoughts and suggestions??

Forget about collecting evidence, concentrate on making it as difficult as
possible for the thief to enter/leave the premises (good locks on windows &
doors), install an alarm system which makes plenty of noise (especially inside
the
premises), keep all valuables out of obvious sight.  Most home burglaries are
committed by opportunists not well equipped "career" criminals - just make it
as
difficult as possible for them to grab anything of value quickly.

...Wayne

Wayne Harridge

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~w_harridge