Re: [OM] 35-70/3.6 vs 50/1.2

Subject: Re: [OM] 35-70/3.6 vs 50/1.2
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 19:59:35 -0500
C.H. said:
Ok, just dig out some close distance test on 50mm lenses, I think you all will see a better comparison now... etc, etc.
Wow, C.H. Forget the lens comparison. I want to know what film and scanner you used to create those big jpg's. Compared to my Acer Scanwit efforts (2700 dpi) your images are virtually grainless and have to be greatly magnified to see any pixellation. Granted, the subject has low contrast and maybe that helps but do you have magic equipment or is it simply that I don't have the slightest idea about how to scan images yet?

Thanks
Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA