RE: [OM] 35-70/3.6 vs 50/1.2

Subject: RE: [OM] 35-70/3.6 vs 50/1.2
From: "Robert Gries" <rgg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 08:33:53 -0600
I did this test not too long ago and have sent off the slides to Simon
Evans for his edification.  I'll ask if he feels inclined to scan them
in, otherwise I'll scan them when I get them back.

I didn't see much difference in the performance of these two lenses, and
convinced myself out of a purchase.  I maintain that a 50/3.5 is the
best 50mm for your money.

<snip>
Seems that many people want to defense for the 50/1.2, I will left it to
someone who own both 50/1.4 and 50/1.2 to make some side to side
comparison as I have sold the 1.2 two years ago.