RE: [OM] Travel advice for Venezuela, what to bring? - Also, paging Dieg

Subject: RE: [OM] Travel advice for Venezuela, what to bring? - Also, paging Diego Sierralta
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 13:26:38 +0100
Hi guys,

First off: Diego, I tried sending you an off-list message with some specific
questions about the situation in Venezuela, but so far I haven't received
any answer, so I'm trying to page you via this message.

Then, the selection of gear seems to be sorted out.

I made some phone calls to insurance companies, and it doesn't seem to be
possible to get much extension on my current coverage of photo gear. I
managed to get it extended to the maximum of $1600 replacement-value based.

This would be more or less the amount I paid for the set-up (well, a bit
less actually), and not wanting to change my full insurance package and/or
getting different insurances from different companies, I decided that the
$1600 will have to do.

So, it's pretty much final now that I'll be bringing the following:
OM-4Ti
24/2
35-70/3.6
100/2
Extension rings (for pushing the 100/2's close-up capabilities somewhat
further)
T32
Light weight, small tripod
Worn down, small, low-cost, trashy looking camouflage back-pack Lots of zip
lock bags and silica gel bags

Now, let's hope I won't need the insurance...:/

Cheers!
Olafo