Re: [OM] OT Sydney, Oz recommendations

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Sydney, Oz recommendations
From: "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 23:35:37 +1100
Wayne,
I've read a few of the comments. Also try Darling Harbour. It is an amazing
place day and night. Party time is good at night, and great scenes. Also the
National Maratime Museum is great.

Basically a walk around Darling Harbour (then the light rail - we don't call
them trams - or monorail back to a convienient place), around the Quay and
Opera House, Botanical Gardens ending at the Art Gallery is great.

After growing up in the suburbs I am really enjoying taking the family back
there to see these things.

As also mentioned, Manly is a casual area too. If you go there at the ocean
end of the Corso on the right hand side, about 5 shops back from the end, is
the best fish and chips shop. Excellent grilled fish. Open is the late
morning (I think) to early night.

Go for a swim.

The harbour is a fantanstic backdrop and focal point.

Foxy