Re: [OM] Travel advice for Venezuela, what to bring?

Subject: Re: [OM] Travel advice for Venezuela, what to bring?
From: Thomas Bryhn <thomas.bryhn@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 17:47:39 +0100
At 17:35 25.11.02, Olaf Greve wrote:
Now, in an ideal world, I'd bring a substantial amount of gear, yet, the
current economical and political situation in Venezuela, is of some concern
to me in terms of the safety of bringing ,y most beloved toys.

I'd say this is exactly why insurance was invented. Toys are no good if you can't play with them! I've lugged 18kg of zuikos and equipment around Zambia and Tanzania - without insurance. All went well but next time I'll seriously consider selling some equipment to afford a good insurance policy. The peace of mind would probably have resulted in even more pictures and memories.

Thomas