RE: [OM] Travel advice for Venezuela, what to bring?

Subject: RE: [OM] Travel advice for Venezuela, what to bring?
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 10:21:25 +0100
Hi guys,

Well, first off: thanks a lot for the great advice and recommendations!

I found out that under my current travel insurance, only $950 worth of
camera gear is covered, so I'm actively looking into additional insurance.

If that works out well, I'll probably (in light of what people have
mentioned about toys being no fun if you can't use them, and also in light
of some of the weight considerations) be bringing the following:
OM-4Ti
24/2
35-70/3.6
100/2
Extension rings (for pushing the 100/2's close-up capabilities somewhat
further)
T32
Light weight, small tripod
Worn down, small, low-cost, trashy looking camouflage back-pack
Lots of zip lock bags and silica gel bags

I'll let you guys know what the eventual line-up will be.

Ah, film-wise I'm quite positive I'll be bringing something like:
-Fuji Provia 100F (+/- 10 rolls)
-Fuji Provia 400F (+/- 5 rolls) (for the Amazon!)
-Kodak E100VS (perhaps some 3 rolls or so, for when I'm in an
"over-saturated-mood" ;) )

Short question: where does one typically buy zip lock bags and silica gel
bags?

Cheers!
Olafo