Re: [OM] "foiled" again (was: Professionals and digital photography)

Subject: Re: [OM] "foiled" again (was: Professionals and digital photography)
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 13:28:36 -0500
plp@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> I'm still new here, but lo-res is only applicable for digital,
> right?  There's no way to print lo-res from film, is there?

In short, scan the proof and print at a reduced rate, perhaps on plain
paper -- which apparently is what this wedding photographer did,
provoking some of the writer's ire.

> Your contract could state that you work on an hourly basis,
> and the results of your work, whether negatives or digital
> images, would be handed to the customer at the end.

In fact, that's what I did when I got married, because I couldn't afford
better.  But a _good_ wedding photographer wouldn't have done that
(because they don't have to!).  We got shots with wall plugs and light
switches, shadows across faces, flowers "growing" out of people's
heads...things a pro wouldn't have missed.  Back then, we couldn't do
anything -- now, since we own the photos, we can scan them and correct
ourselves.  But given the choice, I'd rather have had good photos from
the start -- if I'd had the money to pay for them.