Re: [OM] Clint is foiled again (was: Professionals and digital photograp

Subject: Re: [OM] Clint is foiled again (was: Professionals and digital photography)
From: VS <VS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 09:11:55 +0200
In message <20020916005239.12fb6ee9.T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Thomas
Heide Clausen writes:

>> >I've long contemplated buying a "foil imprinter" to
>> >print my copywrite on my final images, but reading this
>> >fellow's tripe has iced the (wedding) cake -- I'm going
>> >to finally get one.

Mmmm, old Kingsley foil print machines. A fine piece of hardware. Heavy,
durable, has somewhat a zealous following in some circles, a bit of a
cult really. Something like OM&Zuiko. :-)

>Actually, I have been wondering what a foil imprinter is?
>Anyone care to enlighten me? I assume it is something to
>allow writing on the image surface of a print, but any
>details? Would be interresting...

It's a hot foil printing press.
http://www.fineimprints.com/whatishotstamping.htm

If you're really interested, I'll probably have photos of one such
printing beast on the web in a day or so. (No, not taken with OM, but
with an old Olympus C-990z DC).

Cheers,

Saso