RE: [OM] fireworks fora

Subject: RE: [OM] fireworks fora
From: jowilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 15:49:14 -0500
>===== Original Message From "Mike Cormier" <ronaldcormier@xxxxxxxxxxx> =====
>Whenever I shop on the evil one, I always think of that most wise of latin
>phrases "Caveat Emptor" (buyer beware) lol...

Et tu, Brute?

>In university my favorite latin phrase was "In vino et veritas" (in wine
>[read liquor] there is truth)

Usually just "in vino veritas" I think (the "est" being understood).

>I once attended a ceremony where a frat house threw a giant 600 lb pumpkin
>off a roof while waving banners that read "Id ingens iactum rei" which
>translates roughly to "that which was thrown from the roof was large".

>>Forums, agendas, indexes, octopuses.  Latin is hard enough without
>>making enemies.
>
>Agenda has no "s"... ever.

Of course it does.  I write up an agenda for the next Iowa Olyfest and make a
copy for Ken and myself.  Two agendas.  Ken drops his but because it's paper
it doesn't break, which is more than I can say for his XA. :-(

Joel W.