RE: [OM] fireworks fora

Subject: RE: [OM] fireworks fora
From: "Mike Cormier" <ronaldcormier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 15:22:22 -0400
Whenever I shop on the evil one, I always think of that most wise of latin phrases "Caveat Emptor" (buyer beware) lol...

In university my favorite latin phrase was "In vino et veritas" (in wine [read liquor] there is truth)

I once attended a ceremony where a frat house threw a giant 600 lb pumpkin off a roof while waving banners that read "Id ingens iactum rei" which translates roughly to "that which was thrown from the roof was large".

Latin dead?  When?  How?  Memento mori!

Forums, agendas, indexes, octopuses.  Latin is hard enough without
making enemies.

Agenda has no "s"... ever.  I'm not sure about index, and it's Octopii.

Liberte tu te me de latin..... ;)