RE: [OM] fireworks fora

Subject: RE: [OM] fireworks fora
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 05:53:27 +0100
Cc: jowilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Amen Joel!

But "agenda" has become a name in its own right rather than the
literal translation of "things to do".  my greatest sadness of the
loss of Latin from English schools is that students don't learn the
antecedents of the words that they use, and therefore have more
difficulty in understanding new vocabulary which is based on Latin
stems.

Chris