[OM] 5-a-side football matches

Subject: [OM] 5-a-side football matches
From: Sam Shiell <sam.shiell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 17:52:44 +0100
Cc: nrky@xxxxxxxx
On Thursday I'm going to be photographing a 5-a-side football tournament at
work..

It's all going to be a pretty stressful affair.... 25 matches on 2 pitches
(both pitches being used concurrently), games no more than 10 minutes each,
plus team "portraits", plus the winners presentations and anything else
interesting that's happening at the same time.  Whew..

We went to have a look-see yesterday... very interesting. The pitches are
BIG.... larger than a tennis court, so I expect to be using my 400 most of
the time.

Bill, you said you'd think I'd use the 85/210 most of the time, but I'm not
sure I'll have time to chase people with it. I'll play this one by ear, but
I'm going to lend my OM1 to a friend so how can do the running about which
will help.

Still undecided about lighting.. I'd prefer to use ambient light (the size
of the pitches may stretch the T32), but it's out of doors in the evening so
I'll be ready with the flash and BG2, and take it as it comes.

Bill, thanks for your tips/hints on this. Does anyone else have any other
last-minute advise/experience they're be willing to share?

Cheers

Sam

This e-mail and any attached files are intended solely for the named
addressee only. It may contain information that is confidential, legally
privileged and protected by copyright. Unless you are the named addressee
(or authorised to receive on behalf of the addressee) you may not copy, use
or disclose its contents to anyone else. If you received this e-mail in
error please notify the sender immediately and then delete it from your
system. We make every effort to keep our network free from viruses although
we can take no responsibility for any computer virus which may be
transferred by way of this e-mail.