Re: [OM] ( OM ) Evaluating colour in digital images

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Evaluating colour in digital images
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 09:46:56 +0800
The high color rendering index fluorescence tube is now very common,
try to buy one between 4500-5500K, I remember my table lamp is having
color temp. of 4500K and the color is much better than the old
fluorescence tube which has heavy green cast. The color temp of your
monitor has to set to 5000K too if you need a better match, it is a
common color temp for professional works.

Usually a mid-end flatbed (around $200) has quite good color accuracy
in reproducing prints, what usually need to adjust is master level
(not individual color). The accuracy of print is another issue, they
are usually not as you wish. Both old UMAX 1200S and my new Microtek
6700 have very good color accuracy.

C.H.Ling