Re: [OM] TAMRON 17 / 3,5

Subject: Re: [OM] TAMRON 17 / 3,5
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 09:17:13 +0800
130 Euro is a good price for the Tamron, we have made side to side
comparison on my friend's tamron and my Zuiko. The Tamron has much
less vignetting but the Zuiko has much better edge resolution and
better color in my eyes. Didn't remember the Tamron's distortion, the
Zuiko has very good distortion control but not so good flare
resistance. The close focusing correction on the Zuiko 18 is a big
advantage. Although I have not tested the 18/3.5 but I have tested my
21/2 at close distance which is as sharp as my 50/3.5 and blew out all
other Zuiko non macro including 50/1.2, 55/1.2, 50/1.4, 50/1.8....

C.H.Ling