Re: [OM] ( OM ) Evaluating colour in digital images

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Evaluating colour in digital images
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 17:46:32 -0700

 What do you use for a white-light source?

I don't have a standard white light source.  I have given up on
"accuracy",  just try
for something that is "pleasing".  You could go mad trying to get an accurate
rendition on your monitor, then find that it looks different on
everyone else's
monitor, as every link in the chain potentially can "distort" the colour.

Wayne Harridge

The few months that I was on the Tony Sleep film scanner list it
seemed that many people continued to agonize and experiment
unsuccessfully to attain accuracy while a few sane souls followed
your path.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California