Re: [OM] Wrist strap -vs- neck strap

Subject: Re: [OM] Wrist strap -vs- neck strap
From: "Lee Penzias" <l_penzias@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 03:39:32 -0500
I like a short wrist strap arrangement for camera - and binoculars - as it happens. Carry in a belt pouch, or other secure container about the the person - and when in use, a wrist strap for security. The wrist strap hangs out of the pouch or container for quick access. I like this idea especially so when climbing etc. I might add a length of paracord from strap to belt, harness, or pack strap to prevent total loss in the event of a slip/fumble.

There are some circumstances though where I prefer a regular neck strap tourist style when travelling on level ground, and using a single lens combo that isn't too heavy.

Lee