[OM] Shooting paintings

Subject: [OM] Shooting paintings
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 12:37:08 +1200
Hi Enrique

I work like that quite a lot.

Try to pick a time when there will be NO direct sunlight on or near the
paintings, and preferably when there is cloud outside that is well lit by the
sun so that it is bright white rather than grey.

I know you cannot call up the sun and clouds to order <g>

If that all is impossible, hang a white cotton sheet across the window to
diffuse the sunlight and provide a true white light..

I suggest you use the 50mm lens since it is possibly the sharpest of what
you have and with good depth of field.

You will need to pay special attention to getting the frame of the picture
exactly square to the camera.

My $0.02  Best wishes for success.

Brian