Re: [OM] Shooting paintings

Subject: Re: [OM] Shooting paintings
From: Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 14:16:20 -0500
For copying anything, 0 distortion is preferable, just as fine grain and
the best sharpness is.

Copying a rectilinear painting with barrel or pincushion distortion will
result in either a visible artifact around the edge or part of all the
edges being left out. 1 0istortion would mean a 1 inch variation in a 100"
painting and many paintings are larger.

It would also curve straight lines inside the painting and result in
mismatches with other images taken with xrays, MRI, or other imaging
techniques or equipment.

tOM