Re: [OM] Ultimate Ballhead

Subject: Re: [OM] Ultimate Ballhead
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 00:49:54 -0500 (EST)
On Sun, 10 Feb 2002, Jim Couch wrote:

> Sears is a great example. I gave up on craftsman tools years ago, because so
> many of the broke. Yes they replaced the broken tools, sometimes willingly,
> sometimes grudgingly, but that did not help me at 11:30 at midnight when I was
> trying to get a car running.

That's not my experience.  I have lots of Craftsman hand tools and I've never
really had a problem with them.  Over the past 15 or so years I've whacked,
heated, frozen, twisted, etc. them well beyond what they were probably designed
for, and they've held up just fine.  Sure, they're not as well crafted as
snap-on tools, but at 100f the price I don't expect them to be.

OM content: I never use my Craftsman tools to repair my OM's :-)
                                -mark