Re: [OM] Ultimate Ballhead

Subject: Re: [OM] Ultimate Ballhead
From: "M. Lloyd" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 20:49:39 -0800 (PST)
Lifetime Guarantees are easy for companies like Snap
On, Sears, Gitzo to do because they have the money to
do it and it improves their image dramatically. From
what it looks like this is just one guy or a small
company doing this and therefore cannot afford a
"Lifetime Warranty" cause they might not even know how
long they are going to be in the business. Does that
mean their products are any less quality than
companies? Probably not (although there are glaring
exceptions). From the first post on this subject it
seems these tripod heads are made by a VERY small
outfit. Any outright defects should appear in two
years unless you keep it in a box. A lifetime warranty
would be very expensive if you insisted, maybe
doubling or tripling (or more) the price due to
economy of scale. Just my .02...

Mark Lloyd