RE: [OM] T-10 power source

Subject: RE: [OM] T-10 power source
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 09:07:04 -0800
I'd generally agree with being a bit paranoid and also with the other
comments made about using a well-regulated supply voltage. However,
wall-warts of that sort aren't uncommon and the risks of such use are
probably very low. It certainly pays to check the output of the device you'd
use before using it.

While it would be a pain to rebuild the T10 or T28s due to dead bulbs, it
certainly ought to be do-able. One could conceivably change the existing
grain-of-rice incandescent bulbs (not LEDs) in it for the now-available
white LEDs.

Finally, an observation made when examining my T10. On it is a very small
sticker with the following: A point-down triangle with a bar-over-T within
it, what looks to be a part number "94-2603", some sort of graphic with
"MSK" inside it, and finally, what appears to be the electrical rating of
the flash: AC 100V 50/60Hz 71Ws.

So it appears that the T10 is rated at 71 Watt-seconds, unless I
misunderstand the meaning of the marking. Wasn't someone asking about that
just last week?

---
Scott Gomez