[OM] Formula 5 28-90 3.5

Subject: [OM] Formula 5 28-90 3.5
From: "M. Lloyd" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 17:46:06 -0800 (PST)
I saw a very interesting lens at a store the other
day. A Formula 5 28-90/constant 3.5. I was about to
discount it out of hand but I took a closer look and
it seem to be a lot more than it's name suggests. For
one its a constant f3.5 apeture and so is quite heavy.
It also is a two touch zoom with both internal zoom
and internal focusing (I think). It looked to be very
well constructed and such and seemed a lot more pro
than I first though. It also has a close focus to 1:4
lifesize. I was intrigued but didn't play around with
it as much as I wanted cause the salesman (who I think
was new to the store) was a bit pushy and I didn't
want to be forced into buying the lens. They were
asking $90 for it.

Does anyone have any experience with this lens? It's a
really off off brand (formula 5?) It just feels like a
much more upscale lens.

Mark Lloyd