Re: [OM] The Great Bokeh Debate [was] olympus-digest V2 #3112

Subject: Re: [OM] The Great Bokeh Debate [was] olympus-digest V2 #3112
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2002 10:57:03 -0800

Throwing money at cameras and lenses cannot buy excellent photographs; the photographer must *make* them. Acer (currently lurking on this list) took a college level photography class with an OM-1n and just a couple of lenses (IIRC, a 50mm and a 28mm).

I took my college class with a Kodak Instamatic. The professor took one look at that equipment and pronounced in no uncertain terms I would receive no higher grade than a C, and this assumed I would do everything else perfectly. Sure enough, he gave me a C at the end, which was, by the way, the lowest grade I ever got in college. My final photograph was better than okay, though, and this teacher admitted as much--albeit grudgingly. <g>

Other things being equal, superior equipment must count. But first the photographer needs to get that far through other means.

Tris