Re: [OM] On the shores of James Bay

Subject: Re: [OM] On the shores of James Bay
From: John Hudson <jahudson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 19:11:51 -0800
Josh Lohuis wrote:

> moose,
>
>      so your saying that the 50mm is not worth it (I kind of thought so
> too), the zoom is an ok buy if that is the range I want and the 35mm is not
> good>   right?????

The 50 in the ebay ad is a 50 / f1.4, not a 50 / 1.8. Check

http://www.skipwilliams.com/index.html

for Skip Williams' analysis of ebay selling prices.

Although the exterior cosmetics might look OK, I'd be more concerned
about the state of the optics and whether the glass is pitted, has
fungus growth, whether there is element separation in the 75/150, etc.

jh