Re: [OM] On the shores of James Bay

Subject: Re: [OM] On the shores of James Bay
From: "Josh Lohuis" <josh1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 19:41:05 -0600

> I suppose, Josh, you don't have much choice of processors where yuare <g>
> (I won't edit out that spelling error, it looks neat). But anyway, I'd
like to see
> the results of your photography from where you are at any time of year.
>
> It's not a place that gets any showing down-under, and I'll bet there's a
heap
> of great images just waiting to be made. Thick gloves or not. Landscapes,
> people, plants, rocks, animals, no-see-ums, autumn, the sea.  All
different
> from most other places.
>
> Brian

Well, I guess you've probably got me figured wrong.  I'm fifteen, on a TIGHT
budget, and I live WAY UP NORTH.  I have had my OM-1n for about 5 months
now, I've only got a standard lens and I have only been able to afford about
10 rolls of film (things are picking up now that my parents realize that I
am going to stick with photography).  There is quite a bit of things to take
pictures of: I have a lot that I am proud of too. The only problem is the
"hole-in-the-wall" processor I am forced to deal with, they cannot scan my
negatives (or my one set of slides [that had to be sent away]), therefore I
have no way of getting any of my images anywhere.  My scanner is a royal
piece of crap too.  Although, I can't complain because my brand-new high
school has a wonderful modern darkroom, with all the goodies including a
seemingly endless supply of B&W film (which I love, and have used a lot of).
I have really never taken pictures during a summer and I can't wait until I
can give purpose to my hiking (aimless wandering in the woods if you wish).
I love olympus and I hope you guys can help me on my path to be a true
zuikoholic (which is my destiny).

   Thanks everyone,

    JOSH

PS.  Hopefully I will soon get a job, and I "fell" into some money (thanks
Mom and Dad!!), I plan to now buy one or maybe two lenses, to further
enhance my photographing ability.  What to you guys think of:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1327372456
and:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1327377186
and:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1326917758

...or some combination of them.   Note:  I need a new 50mm because the
aperture on mine sticks, not as bad to stop me from taking pictures, but it
is a nuisance a big nuisance. Maybe somebody has a better idea for my next
purchase (hopefully a lens).

    Thanks again!!