Re: [OM] B&W film recommendations

Subject: Re: [OM] B&W film recommendations
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 14:00:01 -0800 (PST)
> Actually, I changed away from HP5 (and FP4) when they went to
> have the
> "plus" designation. I am not sure what happened, if I just got
> particulary bad batch. But my 400 ASA shots suddenly started
> to show
> large, visible grains and nothing I did with my developer
> would help
> it. Next, I jumped on the Delta 400 bandwagon and never looked
> back.

For some reason, neither the HP5 nor Neopan will take to Tmax
developer very well (what my lab uses).  The grain will clump
into threads.  Tri-X held up properly, though.

> Do you by "bulk" mean that you want to wind your own rolls?
> I'd reccomend
> against that.

I was kinda leaning towards the bulk roll and load my own.
However, I might just place a big film order with B&H for
standard rolls.

AG