Re: [OM] B&W film recommendations

Subject: Re: [OM] B&W film recommendations
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 11:03:35 +0000
Is that XP-2?  I've found it scans like a dream, beautiful tones, very
little grain visible at 2700dpi.  Example shot:
http://www.worldtraveller.f9.co.uk/photo/photos/jokulsarlon.jpg
(colourised in paintshop pro).  It's just about the only B&W film I've
ever used.  I've run a roll or two of T-max through, and they also
scanned well.

Compared to 400 speed colour film, B&W really ought to have less grain.
Colour film has three layers, B&W only one.  I'd suspect you might have
underexposed it, although XP-2 has enormous latitude.

Roger