Re: [OM] cheaper alternative to a 16/3.5

Subject: Re: [OM] cheaper alternative to a 16/3.5
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 11:09:32 -0700
At 09:24 PM 06/12/2001 +0800, you wrote:
Grath,

Well! you got some really nice shots! I especially like this one:

http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/subpages/wood/cavell01.html

The quality of the chrome seems to be better then the scan from negative,
was it due to the scanner?

One can never be sure, but my early contributions to the Olympus Gallery were flatbed scans of 4x6 prints. Later ones are direct scans of the neg or tranny via Polaroid Sprintscan 4000. I should get around to re-doing the earlier ones, but there's always the problem of time...

Thanks for the compliment. As pictures of Edith Cavell go, this one's actually pretty poor -- when there's a cloudless sky in the early morning and the sun's at just the right angle, Cavell takes photos that win awards. It's probably one of the most famous images of a mountain in the world, right up there with Everest, the Matterhorn, etc.

Garth