RE: [OM] cheaper alternative to a 16/3.5

Subject: RE: [OM] cheaper alternative to a 16/3.5
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 16:55:31 -0700
> Lake Minnewanka (near Banff, Alberta) is an interesting hike.

 We biked it (to the warden's lodge half(?)way and back, and it's a nice
ride; relatively technical, but without all the annoying climbing that a lot
of other routes have. It'd be a nice hike, definitely.

> The "river gorge" picture is (I believe) actually the inlet to the lake,

 Yup.

> http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/subpages/wood/rockwash.html

 Wow, that's a neat shot -- it almost looks like the rocks were put on in
Photoshop, there's so much difference in coloration.

 -- dan