RE: [OM] Champagne OM-4Ti

Subject: RE: [OM] Champagne OM-4Ti
From: Giles <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 11:14:17 +0000

Bare titanium is one of the least reactive metals known. There will be absolutely no allergic reaction.

Titanium is used for artificial knees, hips, pins, screws and wire used in orthodontics, precisely because it will not cause a reaction.

Giles

One of my champagne 4Ti's has lost a considerable amount of paint around
the right end; I think that it was used with a winder/ MD perhaps by a pro.
I have wondered whether bare titanium can give an allergic reaction? I have
had no problems up to now. I think that the bare titanium actually looks
better than the 'paint'.