Re: [OM] Champagne OM-4Ti

Subject: Re: [OM] Champagne OM-4Ti
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 15:12:19 -0800
I seriously doubt it.  Unlike copper, titanium is prized for it's corrosion
resistance, (as well as strength and light weight).  The hardware on the C41
bleach racks of an old film processor were titanium rather than 316
stainless because they were even more corrosion resistant.  I think titanium
is used for screws to secure bones (artifically of course) in place of
stainless steel within the human body too.

I understand that it is against the rules to use titanium rivets in an aluminum airframe due to very active and accelerated electrolytic reaction between metals which may result in midair failure.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California