RE: [OM] Champagne OM-4Ti

Subject: RE: [OM] Champagne OM-4Ti
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 10:29:10 +0100
One of my champagne 4Ti's has lost a considerable amount of paint around
the right end; I think that it was used with a winder/ MD perhaps by a pro.
I have wondered whether bare titanium can give an allergic reaction? I have
had no problems up to now. I think that the bare titanium actually looks
better than the 'paint'.

Roger Key

The OM4T never came from the factory with a clear coat, or natural titanium
finish (unless they did a 'one-off' or two) - which is too bad, I think it
would look pretty good.

The 'Champagne' finish is more golden than gray to my eye, and is a painted
surface - you aren't actually seeing the titanium.

Neither black nor Champagne seems to stick well to the titanium, and I'm
not
sure that the Champagne finish is any worse than the black in that respect,
but the key is that the black finish bodies are newer.

Chip Stratton