Re: [OM] 50/1.2 on *bay

Subject: Re: [OM] 50/1.2 on *bay
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 22:24:17 +0100
: > For those looking for a 50/1.2:
: > http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1296842027
: >
: > "This objective is in a new status. Please you strike too "
:
: I like Altavista's translation better:
:
: "This objective is in a new status. Please you slam shut!"
:
: Actually, all things considered it's amazing we get any kind of computer
: translation. And comparing this to some of the human translated garbage
I've
: seen, well it's not that bad....

Of course a better translation would be something like 'Get it now!'. This
50mm/F1.2 isn't exactly that old yellowed Pentax lens we saw recently that
needed a special repair treatment...

hnz