Re: [OM] Champagne OM-4Ti

Subject: Re: [OM] Champagne OM-4Ti
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 10:51:19 -0800
Just curious: why does everyone on the list seem to prefer the black version 4Ti?
Personally I think champagne (or equivalent chrome) looks nicer.

Just my couple of cents
Henrik Dahl

The "champagne" model came out first when no one else had a titanium model and it looked dull gray next to the chrome or black models of the other manufacturers. It did not sell well and Olympus quickly changed to black. By the time the other manufacturers switched, the dull titanium look became "cool". The ones I saw were not painted. They may have had a clear coat of some sort. They also had a rough texture which was largely hidden when painted black. People have mentioned a painted version with a non durable finish that I have not seen.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California