Re: [OM] OT: Computers

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Computers
From: John Pendley <jpendley@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2001 16:40:18 -0500
Tom,

Well, Office Depot, about an hour from here, has 256mb DIMM's and XP home upgrade. And I can return the memory if it doesn't work. BTW, how do I tell if the computer has recognized the memory? In the startup somewhere? In My Computer? (I know it must be trying to deal with somebody so ignorant of all this stuff.) I guess I'll be praying for the energy to drive down there. There's one other possibility, and that's to contact crucial.com's online help and see if they've got the 256mb DIMM's even though they aren't listed as an option for my computer.

John