Re: [OM] OT: Computers

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Computers
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 13:09:01 -0600
Actually I agree with everything you say. I'm the last person to feel
threatened by another platform. My day job involves the most powerful
PowerPC based systems around, IBM's pSeries (formerly RS/6000).  Some pretty
darned amazing boxes that put our toy computers to shame.

I have great respect for all the platforms.  Without Apple, Microsoft
wouldn't have anyone pushing them. Without Microsoft, particularly their
investment and Office, Apple wouldn't be around.

Kind of an odd symbiotic relationship.

I was just playing with my comments, and sure didn't expect anyone to take
me seriously. Hey, they are all just tools!  I realize there are zealots of
both platforms, but have never figured out why!

Tom