Re: [OM] OT: Computers

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Computers
From: "Bernd Moeller" <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 12:50:12 +0100
Hi John,

What I read in your posting is that you want to shift to another OS just to
make your ScanWit running? For me, that seems to be too big a hassle.

I also have had some problems making the ScanWit 2720s run under Win98SE. I've
tried everything, including lots of technical advice, even from a list member
here.

At the end, it turned out that the SCSI card that came with the scanner had a
jumper to be set for the correct IRQ address (#9). Since it has been operating
flawless. Also make shure to have lots of RAM, in particular if you are using
Photoshop.

These two bits of information (together with what you presumably have tried so
far) should allow you to make your ScanWit operate fine without too much
investments in new hard- and software.

Just my humble opinion.

Best regards

Bernd Möller