Re: [OM] Airport Security & Using my OMs

Subject: Re: [OM] Airport Security & Using my OMs
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 00:22:22 EDT
On my recent trip to Alaska, prior to Sept 11, I had been concerned about
traveling with a great deal of film and trying to get it through the x-ray
machines.  Fortunately I was able to accomplish that task with that trip.
I'm sure that would not happen today.  As far as being insistent and caring
the regulation with you to get through the security check, I really doubt
that that will accomplish much more than causing each of us a lot of
aggravation.  You may be right and they are going to x-ray your film.  I am a
large person and also one who can be fairly persistent and insistent.  When
you have 50 people in back of you waiting to go through security, and you are
raising hell with the security guys, you will be unanimously elected a&sH*le
of the year by your fellow travelers.  So the question remain how to we solve
the problem.  Does the film which you buy at a remote location get x-rayed
when it is mailed or shipped to the retailer?  If you order film from one of
the big film sellers in NY does it get x-rayed? What do you do with the film
you expose the last day or so of your trip assuming you take the other to a
prolab?  Maybe this will give us all an excuse to rediscover our local area.
Seems like more questions than answers.  I can recommend a couple of good
labs in Houston if anyone needs a referral here.  Bill Barber