Re: Re: [OM] A few shots at the mall

Subject: Re: Re: [OM] A few shots at the mall
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 22:02:17 +1000
>> "Should I call security?"
  Rather than get into a p...ing contest I left the mall
>> (with my
>> camera and film) but I would be reluctant to go back after that
>> experience.
>> Sad times we live in.  Tom, you must present a more benign appearence
>> than I
>> do.
>>

>Essentially the same thing happened to me last year, different continent,
>same
>paranoia !
>I was trying something similar last week outside the shopping centre and a
>woman shopper told me she was ringing the shopping centre security - good
>luck !
>Wayne Harridge

I've seen Wayne and I'd call security too!
The scary thing about this is the obvious similarity between shopping mauls
the world over. In my experience, shopping centre security personnel are
the shallow end of that profession. But then, they have to deal with people
who think that shopping in a maul is fun. Good places to photograph the
vacuous and desperate.
I've just been informed that one such evil retail conglomeration near me is
effectively controlled by an Islander street gang - I must check if any of
my students or ex-students are members - that way I get to take any bloody
photographs I like OR ELSE!
AndrewF