Re: Re: [OM] A few shots at the mall

Subject: Re: Re: [OM] A few shots at the mall
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 12:06:10 +1000

> DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx <DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> In a message dated 9/2/01 1:34:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> jpendley@xxxxxxx
> writes:
>

> "Should I call security?"
>

> About 9 mos. ago I took my 35SP into a local mall.  I wanted to try
> out the
> spot metering and to shoot an architecturally interesting ceiling.  I
> took 4
> or 5 shots, none of the people shopping, when a rent-a-cop acosted me
> and
> wanted to know what I was doing.  I reponded that I was taking
> photos, why?
> "What for?"  "My own enjoyment."  "You can't do that in here, it's
> against
> mall rules."  " I might have to confiscate your camera and film."  I
> told him
> I was going to call the real police if he didn't get away from me and
> that he
> would be commiting theft if he took my camera and assault if he so
> much as
> touched me!  Rather than get into a p...ing contest I left the mall
> (with my
> camera and film) but I would be reluctant to go back after that
> experience.
> Sad times we live in.  Tom, you must present a more benign appearence
> than I
> do.

Essentially the same thing happened to me last year, different continent, same
paranoia !

I was trying something similar last week outside the shopping centre and a
woman shopper told me she was ringing the shopping centre security - good
luck !

Wayne Harridge

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~w_harridge